Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm bad at blogs


Hey family and friends, sorry I haven't been keeping up. Life has been busy.
Note to all others: I am not a blog freak! I promise! This obsessive detail is just to keep my wonderful family and friends up to date on my adventures since I can't talk to them!
Love to all!

Saturday:
My host cousin came over and he was TONS of fun to talk to. I hope he comes back, he was a blast. He is 15 and knows very little English.
Homework is slowly killing me
Discovery of the day: According to my host cousin the 3 best things to come out of the US are: Rock and roll, Coca-cola, and Star Wars.

Sunday:
I spent most of the day reading/talking to my host cousin who was still here. I have started the second book in a series I am reading. The books are horrible, but so addictive. So much reading! Between two lit classes and my book, if nothing else, my reading will certainly improve.
Discovery of the day: Puppies are less cute when they bite.

Monday:
Read, sleep, eat.
Discovery of the day: I will never take 2 lit classes at once...ever again.

Tuesday:
In an attempt to do ANYTHING but my presentation, I went on a very, very, very long run today. It was nice. Then I did homework. Lots and lots of homework. We had to read Los Mensu which was SOOOO confusing! My host mom helped me, she is wonderful!
Discovery of the day: I run a lot further when I am avoiding homework.

Wednesday:
Went to the Tigre Museum of Fine arts. The building is AMAZING and gorgeous and wonderful and everything good and lovely in this world. I can't tell you that I was blown away by the art. Some of it was good, some of it was just sketches. My legs hurt all day from the run yesterday. Ouch.
Discovery of the day: Here, the price of 5 liters of beer is the same as the price of 1 bag of Skittles...

Thursday:
Did my presentation and it went pretty well. I then went to San Isidro with my host mom trying to get money out of the bank to pay for my housing here. While in San Isidro, I got a knee length black jacket and I LOVE it. Under 100$ US here, amazing. Then went to coffee with Martin and sabotaged his study efforts. EVERY coffee place here is a million times fancier and nicer than in the US. I had a 'submarine' which means hot milk that you melt a chocolate bar in to make hot chocolate. It was wonderful.
Off to Uruguay tomorrow, I'll be back with many pictures!
Discovery of the day: I can only take money from ATMs, banks won't give it to me.... that is irritating.
(Sorry Martin, you didn't let me take another picture, and the fam wants to see who you are! Besides, its a wonderful picture!)

No comments: