Saturday, June 28, 2008

A few days worth of stuff....


Wednesday:
We went out on a boat in Tigre and the weather was AMAZING. The flan was to DIE for, I have never had better flan in my life. I am still in shock.
Later that night we went out to take Tango lessons. Even if no one here dances tango, I still feel the need to learn it. The lessons were tons of fun and we are headed back next week.
Discovery of the day: Remises are a VERY handy way to get around.

Thursday:
Class was long and boring. I cannot for the life of me focus on one topic for 3 1/2 hours. Afterwards I hung out with Martin, a student from University of San Andres and we talked forever. Some people went down to see the madres de la plaza de mayo, but I wasn't really in the mood to take the train. While talking with Martin, I finally figured out my research project for while I'm here. I am going to be researching varying points of view taught and held on the "Dirty War." Apparently they don't call it the dirty war here...
Discovery of the day: Their keyboards are different!

Friday:
No class today, but I still was at the school by 9:30 to head out to an Estancia. It is a tourist trap kind of place that 'preserved' old argentine culture. It was actually really fun (after the long, delayed by fog ride over). We ate TONS of meat, bread, chips etc. and watched people dance/play music. Afterwards we went out to watch horse competitions which were pretty impressive. We all made it home that night EXHAUSTED, so our plans to go out were delayed.
Discovery of the day: If I had lived long ago, a guy could have married me simply because he could stick a stick through a TINY ring while on a horse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy,
I enjoy the fact that many of your comments deal with food. If I had a blog it might just be about delicious things I ate. Sounds like you're having quite the adventures....in argentina (see what i did there?). Day camp just ended, and we're getting ready for the overnights so my internet access will be limited. I wish you the best of luck, and you should come visit me once your get back.
Snorkles,
Forrest